There are a few qualifications that determine if you need Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS:
- If you operate your business as a corporation or partnership.
- If you file reports for employment taxes, excise tax, or alcohol, tobacco and firearms.
- If you have one or more employees.
- If you have a self-employed retirement plan.
- If you operate as any of several other organizations.
Obtaining an EIN is very quick and simple. Go to www.irs.gov. Once there, use the search box and type in “EIN” online. You will be taken to the page that allows you to answer questions online and you will get your EIN upon validation of your answers. You will be able to download and print your confirmation notice.
If you need assistance, please contact our office. We are here to help you.
Gilliland & Associates, PC is a full-service CPA firm specializing in tax planning for individuals and businesses in the Northern Virginia area. We are based in Falls Church, VA and also service clients in McLean and Tysons Corner, VA. Gilliland & Associates is known for our superior knowledge and aggressive interpretation and application of tax laws. We help you keep more of your earnings by finding you the lowest possible tax on your business or personal tax return. You can connect with us on Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.