Posted on Jan 1, 2017
Tax return filing season has arrived, which means it’s time to mark your calendar for
these 2017 tax deadlines.
● January 17 – Due date for the fourth and final installment of 2016 estimated tax for individuals (unless you file your 2016 return and pay any balance due by January 31).
● January 31 – Employers must furnish 2016 W-2 statements to employees, and send copies to the Social Security Administration (both paper and electronic).
● January 31 – Payers must file all copies of 2016 Forms 1099-MISC with non- employee compensation in Box 7. For these forms, the January 31 due date applies to both paper and electronic filing.
● January 31 – Employers must generally file 2016 federal unemployment tax returns and pay any tax due.
● February 28 – Payers must file information returns (except certain Forms 1099- MISC) with the IRS. (Except for certain Forms 1099-MISC, March 31 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
● March 1 – Farmers and fishermen who did not make 2016 estimated tax payments must file 2016 tax returns and pay taxes in full.
● March 2 – Large employers must furnish Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C to employees.