Are you a caregiver? These tax breaks may be helpful

Posted on Mar 5, 2018

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at

Those who care for people who are sick, elderly or disabled are often up against a lot of challenges. Fortunately, there may be a handful of tax breaks that can help. They include the medical expense deduction, the Child and Dependent Care Credit, and the new family credit in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Give us a call if you have questions.

Gilliland & Associates, PC is a full-service CPA firm specializing in tax planning for individuals and businesses in the Northern Virginia area. We are based in Falls Church, VA and also service clients in McLean and Tysons Corner, VA. Gilliland & Associates is known for our superior knowledge and aggressive interpretation and application of tax laws. We help you keep more of your earnings by finding you the lowest possible tax on your business or personal tax return. You can connect with us on Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.