Posted on Oct 2, 2012
* October 15 is the final filing deadline for extended 2011 individual income tax returns.
* October 15 is the deadline for undoing a 2011 conversion of a regular IRA to a Roth IRA without penalty.
* The Congressional Research Service reports that 34 million taxpayers could be hit by the alternative minimum tax this year.
* Time is running out for using your 2012 annual gift tax exclusion. You can give up to $13,000 per individual without paying any gift tax.
* The most fundamental year-end move to cut your taxes is to adjust the timing of income and deductions. See us for details.