There are several sources of revenue that are not subject to income tax. Do you know what they are? Here are the most common sources of money that are generally not taxed on your federal income tax return:
- Borrowed money, such as from banks or personal loans
- Money received as a gift or inheritance from family or friends
- Money paid on your behalf directly to a school or medical facility
- Most life insurance proceeds
- Child support payments
- Money you receive for sustaining an injury
- Scholarships for tuition and books
- Disability insurance benefits from a policy purchased with after-tax dollars
- Interest received on municipal bonds
If you would like assistance in determining what to include on your income tax return, please contact us. We are here to help you.
Gilliland & Associates, PC is a full-service CPA firm specializing in tax planning for individuals and businesses in the Northern Virginia area. We are based in Falls Church, VA and also service clients in McLean and Tysons Corner, VA. Gilliland & Associates is known for our superior knowledge and aggressive interpretation and application of tax laws. We help you keep more of your earnings by finding you the lowest possible tax on your business or personal tax return. You can connect with us on Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.