Do you owe the “nanny tax”?

Posted on Jan 25, 2011

If you had a housekeeper, nanny, gardener, or other household worker help out in 2010, you may have payroll tax obligations (commonly called the “nanny tax”). These payroll taxes apply if you paid a household worker $1,700 or more in 2010, and filing requirements must be met by January 31, 2011. For assistance, call our office.